Wednesday 11 February 2009

flashback.

i remembered once upon a time, a while back, the three of them, the crazy bunch they were, they wanted to do something random. go somewhere. near the beach or something. grab something to eat. they called me up. they'd come pick me up. i asked my parents, and off i went to get ready. secretly, i couldn't resist. i just had to go. knowing that she was there. knowing that i'd get to see her. as i waited at the yard, i saw the clouds, though somehow, it just made the sunset even more brilliant. distant thunder. i found myself singing back to the clouds, 'rain, rain, go away, come again another day.. rain rain go away, let me see her and it'll be okay.' engine sounds. unique. hybrid car. cute. i smile as i see her, and the other two, the redhead and the yakuza, yelling at me to hurry up. he opened the passenger door at the back and slid in to let me in. i found it difficult to sit properly with his guitar in the middle of everything. i got a little woozy adjusting myself, as she gassed it along the coastal road, right by the beach and sunset. the guitar felt comfy in my hands. i played a tune. we talked. dissed each other. laughed and laughed. i passed the guitar over to him and noticed there was a huge crack at the underside of the guitar. pity. we sort of clicked. he played. i sang. dashboard confessional's hands down. soon after, our singing drowned out the radio. thought of trying out the impressive dessert at the restaurant by the port. he took his guitar out with him in an attempt of coolness. she let me take her handbag. .. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

cans of mushy peas.